Applewood community is conveniently located in the southeast part of Mississauga and borders Etobicoke on the east. Applewood district is one of the oldest in Mississauga and was first established in the mid 1800s where the earliest settlements occurred in the villages of Dixie and Burnhamthorpe. The idea behind developing the villages was to service the local farming and gardening communities.
Until the 1950s, the Applewood community kept the status of the rural area when G.S. Shipp and Sons Ltd. began the development of the subdivision of Applewood Heights, the first urban development of apple woods (orchards). South of Burnhamthorpe Road is the neighbourhood of Applewood Hills, a northern phase (1960's) of the post-World War II Applewood suburbs. In the middle of the 20th century these communities made up the largest grouping of planned subdivisions in Canada.
Among former farm owners in the area, was Colonel Thomas L. Kennedy, who was a long-time provincial Minister of Agriculture and Ontario's Premier from 1948 to 1949. In the 1980s, the Rathwood community just north of Burnhamthorpe road was developed.
The Applewood community today is a well established diverse residential neighbourhood. Applewood trail that follows the path of Applewood Valley is a part of larger trail system in Mississauga known as Burnhamthorpe Trail. The trail allows for the use of bicycles on and off roads, through natural and urban settings and reminds us of Mississauga’s past as a strong fruit-growing region.
1433 Myron Dr, Mississauga, ON L5E2N5
4 BD | 6 BA
1350 Haig Blvd, Mississauga, ON L5E2N1
4 BD | 4 BA
1547 Haig Blvd, Mississauga, ON L5E2N2
4 BD | 4 BA
953 Ninth St, Mississauga, ON L5E1S2
4 BD | 5 BA
1351 Strathy Ave, Mississauga, ON L5E2L3
4 BD | 3 BA
Our goal is to make the process as easy as possible for you. Gain access to our extensive network of established and preferred vendors and service providers whom we trust and have built long-lasting relationships with.