Get Your Outdoor Spaces Summer Ready
The birds are chirping, the buds are blooming, and that means it’s time to enjoy the spring and summer seasons to their fullest.
- Start with the deck - add a layer of sealant, wood stain, or waterproof paint. Sweeping your deck or patio when leaves and other debris collect on the surface as to not allow for staining or water collecting.
- Air out cushions and pillows, power wash furniture and give it a fresh coat of sealer. If painting the deck use marine paint for wood so that it will last longer - keep in mind colours look softer and lighter outside with the sunlight so pick a stronger or brighter colour.
- Oil wood furniture to keep the finish looking new. This also applies to wood frames and natural wood decking. Sanding wood floors is only recommended if you are refinishing the entire deck.
- Adding rugs to your decking is a great way to give the space a fresh look and will be cooler and more comfortable for bare feet.
- Applying a layer of resin furniture wax or car wax to freshly cleaned plastic patio furniture will provide a protective coat and make it smooth to the touch.
- Invest in furniture covers and take the time at the beginning and end of season to properly clean everything down and store it properly to avoid mildew and sun damage.
- Fabrics are an easy and economical way to freshen up an outdoor space. Replacing weathered cushions instantly makes a space feel new again.